Sunday 29 April 2012

KCWC Spring 2012 - Skirt


I was feeling a little intimidated by the dress I was about to sew for Poppet. I had chosen Burda kids 9551 and I had all the pieces cut but I just knew it was going to take a lot of concentration and more hours than anything else I've sewn lately. My last three attempts at a classic commercial pattern (by this I mean the like of Simplicity, New Look etc rather than an Oliver + S pattern, or one by a blogger such as Rae) have been complete disasters. I made a maternity dress I only wore twice, a dress for Poppet that a year on is still waiting to be rescued from half-completed oblivion, and a gift for a baby that went in the bin.

So I procrastinated and made this instead.


It's the No Hem Skirt from Little Girls, Big Style by Mary Abreu. Hardly the kind of thing you need a pattern for, but it was nice to find something I could make with only half a metre of this lovely fabric (sorry, can't remember what it is!). I did have to go out and buy a coordinating solid even though only a little was needed.  I have a large stash that nevers seems able to produce a complete garment.

I made the 3T, and it fits perfectly. I plan on making a lot more of these but before I do so I need to get hold of some non-roll elastic. The elastic on this one is already rolling so it will be replaced as soon as possible!




No comments:

Post a Comment